House faucets, doors, hinges, windows and trenches
So many decisions to make. A meeting to discuss plumbing fixtures, a meeting to discuss doors, a meeting to discuss windows.
When we went to the meeting to discuss plumbing fixtures, I had no idea how many decisions I would have to make. What finish do you want for each bathroom? What style do you want, What type of handles? My head was spinning. Doesn't sound like a lot but when you are deciding for 4 bathrooms, a powder room, a kitchen, and a laundry room it is overwhelming.
In addition to the fixtures, type of basin, shower, and bathtub are among other decisions. Do you want to the commode handle to match everything else? How about the towel racks? How many towel racks in each one? Don't forget the toilet paper holder.In spite of all the decisions that had to be made, I had so much fun being able to choose exactly what I would like to have in each one.
After the plumbing fixture meeting, we had the door meeting. A piece of cake, right? The questions begin again. Do you want 2 panels? 3 panels? 4 panel? Round top? Square top? Smooth or textured? Stained or primed? What about the front door? Glass? What type of glass? side lights? These are just the questions for the doors on the inside of the house. Hinges and door handles are next. I never thought about what color the hinges are on my doors. Have you? On the French doors, do you want grids or no grids? I didn't think they were French doors if they didn't have grids. 😀 That shows how much I know.If you have grids on your windows, you should have grids on the French doors. Windows was 2 weeks ago. I don't remember.
As if that wasn't enough, do you want your doors to be outswinging or inswinging? Do you want them to open to the right or to the left? I just thought they opened to the direction they were supposed to open. I didn't know someone decided that. 😂
I am so thankful to Ron for letting me build my dream home in Mississippi. Some people asked - why are you building such a big home? My answer is - because I want to have my friends visit all the time. The thought of being able to do that is so exciting.
How many of you looked to see if your windows have grids or what color your door hinges are? 😇


Comments
Post a Comment