Today I decided to look at the living area. There are so many questions to ask. Sometimes I feel like I am obsessed and driving my friends crazy with questions and stories and we haven't even begun construction. If you look at the above layout, you will see the layout of the living area which flows into the kitchen area. For a image of the entire first floor you can visit my Pinterest House Exterior Look board . However, I want to focus on the living area only at this point. If you look at my Pinterest Living Area board you can see furniture, etc. that I have already collected. I also wrote about each item in the description area to give a person a bit of background about the item. For example, the fireplace is from the Memphis Art Museum and I wrote that in the fireplace description. As indicated on the diagram above the TV will sit on a cabinet on the right wall. The problem with this is that it will take up so much wall space and limit places for p...
My husband and I are building our dream home in Oxford, Mississippi. A former client and forever friend, Meg Habasevich, will be advising us along the way. Periodically, I will have guest posts by various experts. When my husband said we could build a home, I began to dream of what it could be. I thought about my Daddy's old house and how I would love to have some of the items from it - especially the mantel, farmer's sink, and claw-foot tub. A close friend, Becky contacted the current owner and she agreed to let me get those items. I was able to get a couple of light fixtures, the mantel, and the farmer's sink. The bathtub was gone. These old furnishings have very strong sentimental value to me. That mantel is where all important papers were put. It was a big part of our family life. The one little light fixture has a little thing that hangs down in the center. This is where my mother would hang an outfit that needed quick drying by the heater. (we didn't have a drye...
Day 250 Today I begin organizing my Pinterest boards. I pinned my ideas for each room on Pinterest to get input from the experts. After I finish organizing the boards, I will discuss each one and my ideas. When construction begins, I will discuss the process from that perspective. The main focus today was on the downstairs rooms. This included the following: Master Suite Kitchen Living Area Powder Room Laundry Room Each of these boards were updated with all my ideas except paint colors and floor colors. A few of the boards such as the Master Suite has separate sections. Be sure to look at each section and my comments. Working on these boards today pointed out how much has been done. A lot more work is in the next 250 days but progress is being made. Take a look at my boards and offer some suggestions or just admire all the beautiful items. Pinterest Boards Plans for tomorrow: Complete all the upstairs room boards. Input is always appreciated. Talk to ...
Comments
Post a Comment