Building Dream Home Day 4
Yesterday I walked through the living area of the house. Each piece of furniture was explained. I told you that Meg would look at my living area board and my questions in the blog and respond to them.
As a reminder, these were the questions in my summary:
- How do I place furniture to best accommodate guests and allow for flow throughout?
- What do you think of the material colors for the chairs?
- Any other suggestions to make this a beautiful home?
The images were helpful. Her layout is similar with the fireplace in the corner and the TV as the focal point. Helped me to know that the way I discussed arranging my furniture yesterday was on the right track.
Another way the images helped me was to see how her chairs are not exactly the same. In addition, I love the print on one and the solid color on the other. The blue is very close to the blue I want to use.
Another point Meg made regarding placement of furniture was about the grandfather clock.
Meg said, "Yes, I too thought the grandfather clock should go on the wall to the stairs. It can be the start of your gallery wall." The gallery she was referring to was the previous statement that "I would make your wall up the stairs your gallery." I like that idea.
I have several paintings by Robin Pedrero that are fabulous. We also have several beautiful pictures my husband took in national parks that are framed. This gets me excited now that I have some ideas.
I had also mentioned placing a rocking chair by the fireplace. Meg said, "Maybe the rocking chair could go in one of the bedrooms upstairs or the loft at the top of the stairs" This is a good idea but would still like to use it in the living area.
This reminds me of a special tip to everyone, "Take advice but you have to make your house you." I think Meg was concerned about space. As she said, "I think your living area is a tad bit bigger." As a result, the rocker may fit. We shall see. If not, I will put it upstairs.
Question 2: What do you think of the material colors for the chairs?
I think Meg missed this one. For the 2 chairs in the living area, I plan to find a material that is robin's egg blue. I originally was thinking of having both chairs covered in the same material. However, Meg's images reassured me that I could go with a print on one. I like a bit of design.
During my research, I have often been drawn to this upholstery material. You know how something just speaks to you. Apparently this fabric does. I may consider covering one of the chairs in this fabric. Not sure which one - the wing-back chair or the chair with the ottoman. To see the chairs look at my Pinterest Living Area Furniture Board. While browsing today, I found these 2. What do you think?
Meg is concerned these doors will not make a big statement and crowd the foyer area. She may have a good point about them. Meg suggested that I use a single door with side glass to allow light to come in. What are your thoughts?




Comments
Post a Comment